Lesson 05 - Main - Dimsum Hanyu Pinyin
In this episode, we look at the initials (j, q, x) and the finals (ia, iao, ie, iou, üe).
Posted on 2017-05-26 02:12:42
In this episode, we will learn:
- how to voice the initials (j, q, x);
- how to get the ju, qu, xu sounds from ji, qi, xi;
- how to voice the finals (ia, iao, ie, iou, üe);
- the abbreviation of iou when it is used with initials;
- five new Mandarin words: xièxiè, xiǎojiě, shǒujī, píjiǔ, yóutiáo; and
- the combinations between these initials and the finals.
Listen to the lesson
This audio lesson is free, as are all the main audio lessons of this course. In addition we do offer a members' version of the course which includes enhanced podcasts, lesson guides, supplement audio files, and Chinese character learning packs. Find out more about our premium version below.