Lesson 06 - Lesson Guide - Dimsum Hanyu Pinyin
This is the lesson guide for lesson 06 of Dimsum Hanyu Pinyin.
Posted on 2017-05-26 02:12:42
In this episode, we will learn:
- how to voice the nasal finals ending in “n”: an, en, uan, uen, ian, in, üan, ün;
- how to voice the nasal finals ending in “ng”: ang, eng, ong, uang, ueng, iang, ing, iong;
- the writing rule when Group 4 finals combine with the initials j, q, x;
- the abbreviation rule for uen;
- how to differentiate the finals uan and üan, and between uen and ün, when they are used with initials;
- the writing rule when these finals are used without initials;
- how to voice the retroflex final er;
- five new Mandarin words: Zhōngguó, Shànghǎi, Hángzhōu, xiānsheng, zàijiàn;
- tone marking rules; and
- the possible pinyin combinations for these finals.